Bayfront Health Dade City has been designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). This designation demonstrates our commitment to provide a higher level of stroke care which includes around-the-clock access to a specially trained stroke team and advanced imaging technology integrated throughout our ER.
Primary Stroke Center designation distinguishes hospitals with advanced technology, infrastructure, staff and training to receive and treat patients of all ages with all types of strokes. As a Primary Stroke Center, we:
- Are prepared to treat all types of strokes quicker than non-designated hospitals
- Provide 24/7 stroke team access
- Utilize advanced imaging technology and protocols
- Offer seamless integration with the ER
Our stroke team is able to diagnose and treat strokes of all types for patients of all ages faster and more comprehensively than non-designated hospitals. At Bayfront Health Dade City, you can expect:
- Speed – Treatments given during the first three hours after a stroke can greatly reduce or even reverse the effects of stroke, so our stroke care professionals are ready to jump into action immediately.
- Knowledge - Our doctors, nurses, emergency professionals and other specialists meet high educational standards, and are specially trained to identify stroke symptoms and administer the latest treatments.
- Technology – Our stroke care team utilizes advanced testing and imaging technology, allowing them to identify the type of stroke within minutes so they are able to begin treatment. Our 64-slice CT scanner provides the necessary speed and resolution required for rapid imaging of blood vessels in the brain, so doctors can begin treatment as quickly as possible.
Treatment and Recovery
When a patient comes to the hospital with stroke symptoms, it’s crucial to make a proper diagnosis quickly in order to begin treatment — immediate treatment can help avoid or minimize the effects of stroke. Our stroke team delivers potentially life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform minimally invasive treatment options, including:
Angioplasty and stent placement to open blocked arteries and veins
Embolizing agents (clotting medications) delivered by catheter to stop blood flow resulting from hemorrhagic strokes
Thrombolitic therapy deliver clot-dissolving medicine to treat ischemic strokes
Minimally invasive surgery to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins
Stroke care at Bayfront Health Dade City extends through recovery. Our rehabilitation care is designed to help individuals regain their independence, and includes specialized services for stroke recovery. Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation team provides caring, personalized assistance to help patients meet their goals.
Bayfront Health Dade City has also been reocgnized for achievement in the Get With The Guidelines® Quality Improvement Program. This means you can expect care that’s consistent with the scientific guidelines from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association.
Get With The Guidelines puts the expertise of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association to work for hospitals nationwide, helping hospital care teams make certain that the care provided to heart failure and stroke patients is aligned with evidence-based guidelines. The goal of participating in Get With The Guidelines is to save lives.